Main Region

This thread has been assigned ticket-number: FXP-1925
LOV dependency on a field
4 answers | 367 views

CH
Jul 1, 2015 06:34 +00:00

Hi

I have an field container with different fields of an database table. On one field, there is an LOV. It´s values are depending on the current value of this field. This works fine. But after choosing an value from this LOV and saving it, the LOV shows all old values. I tried some dynamic actions to refresh the field with the LOV on it or its values. But it doesn´t work. After reloading of the page, it works.

I would be happy for some help.

Thanks in advance Christian

3 comments

Profile Image
FOEX Support Jul 1, 2015 08:57 +00:00 

Can you please provide a simple test case on demo.tryfoexnow.com that reproduces the problem so we can investiagte. Thanks

Profile Image
FOEX Support Jul 1, 2015 13:33 +00:00 

We have filed a bug report. As a workaround please include the following in the additional config:

"forceSelection":false

Profile Image
FOEX Support Jul 2, 2015 11:35 +00:00 

If changing the query results in wrong data your design is wrong, since the value you assign to P2_STATUS must be the return value in the LOV query since P2_STATUS is the same LOV. This is the same behaviour in standard APEX.

As for the refresh of the LOV I assume you would do this after form load, or on change of P2_STATUS. If you experience problems please update your test case to highlight the issue.

CH
Jul 1, 2015 11:17 +00:00

I created appl. 304. Start with page 1 and select the first row to get to page 2. There you have the field "status". My first question is, why is this field empty? The LOV returns values. There is the right data in the database table. I also activated "display extra values". The second question is, if you choose the next available values for "Status" and save, how do I refresh the LOV data because from now there should be another values available.

Thank you very much Christian

0 comments

CH
Jul 1, 2015 14:07 +00:00

I´ve set it for this item, but no result. alt text

0 comments

Profile Image
Jul 2, 2015 08:03 +00:00

Your test case is actually somewhat odd i.e. the LOV query and underlying data

select auf_status d, auf_status r
from status_lov
where von_status = :P2_STATUS

The reason why no record is shown is because there is no return value that matches the P2_STATUS value of "Erfasst" since you have reused the "auf_status" column again for the return value in the query.

If you change the query to:

select auf_status d, von_status r
from status_lov
where von_status = :P2_STATUS

It works just fine. In terms of refreshing the LOV just use a regular "refresh" dynamic action on the item on the appropriate event.

In terms of adding "forceSelection":false this will display extra values that are not within the list.

0 comments

CH
Jul 2, 2015 11:07 +00:00

hi

changing the query would result wrong data. But for this I resolved the problem another way.

Dynamic action works now.

Kind Regards, Christian

0 comments

You must log in or sign up to post questions and answers.