Main Region

ora-22816 unsupported feature with returning clause
1 answer | 1760 views

Profile Image
Feb 23, 2015 04:35 +00:00

I have a grid which works of a view which has an instead of trigger. If I do inserts via sqlplus all works fine. No using the grid I get an ora-22816 error. So I assume that FOEX in the background adds a returning clause. What can I do to work around this issue?

3 comments

Profile Image
Ray Feb 23, 2015 08:41 +00:00 

Thanks Peter. I was expecting that that would be solution. Bit more work unfortunately. But then don't need the instead-of trigger on the view

GU
Guillaume Sep 18, 2015 20:56 +00:00 

Hi, any news regarding this issue ? We are in the same situation for a few pages and although the workaround works, it is much cleaner to use the "instead of" trigger.

By the way, thanks for the updated search fonctionnality on the forum :-)

MN
Matt Nolan Sep 21, 2015 16:33 +00:00 

We still have not implemented this functionality as it is lower on our priority list since it can be worked around. If this is urgent you can use paid the support channel to prioritise the enhancement.

PR
Feb 23, 2015 08:24 +00:00

Hi Ray,

you are right, the Grid automatically adds a RETURNING clause to the INSERT statement. Currently there is no switch to turn that off. I logged a ticket for that.

To work around this issue you can use a "Processing Procedure Override" function, or base the grid on a collection.

0 comments

You must log in or sign up to post questions and answers.