Main Region

This thread has been assigned ticket-number: FXP-1139
Simple Checkbox LOV value issue in v1.2.3
6 answers | 519 views

AD
Jul 3, 2014 04:52 +00:00

Hi,

We have installed latest version of FOEX v1.2.3. We are seeing some in grid simple checkbox. We have simple checkbox column with the values 'Y,N' in Grid. This is not supporting in latest version. If we change it like this 'STATIC2:;Y' then it works. But we want to save the value as 'N' when we are trying to uncheck. Can you please let us know what could be the solution for this? will it support 'Y,N'???

Thanks in advance,

Nandhu

7 comments

MN
Matt Nolan Jul 3, 2014 10:49 +00:00 

Can you confirm that this was previously working for you in v1.2.2 and below?

MN
Matt Nolan Jul 3, 2014 12:43 +00:00 

Can you also provide a screenshot of the LOV settings that causes this error? I am curious because of the error message, so I need to confirm what settings you have used.

MN
Matt Nolan Jul 3, 2014 18:37 +00:00 

I have logged an enhancement request because currently we only support STATIC2 in v1.2.3 and below for Static LOV's.

Using a value of Y,N in v1.2.2 should have had the same behaviour as v1.2.3, if it did indeed worked then it was purely by luck.

AD
Adhi Jul 4, 2014 07:04 +00:00 

Thanks lot Matt..:)

UB
Uli Brenner Dec 9, 2014 09:05 +00:00 

There are no further properties to be set (display only: Simple Checkbox, LOV: e.g. STATIC2:Y,N).

Can you provide a test case at demo.tryfoexnow.com? Regards Uli Brenner

UB
Uli Brenner Dec 9, 2014 09:25 +00:00 

You can request a demo-workspace on demo.tryfoexnow.com ("Try it now")

UB
Uli Brenner Dec 9, 2014 09:48 +00:00 

As your data is not stored as "Y/N" you need to perform this translation manually. Use a CASE or decode statement in the report SQL Query for correct rendering. Then for processing CRUD operations (not a read-only grid) consider using a Before Insert/Update TRIGGER or using a custom PLSQL computation procedure defined in the plugin attributes. See the "Custom Checkbox Values" grid and the Validation PLSQL for an example.

AD
Jul 3, 2014 12:54 +00:00

we have fixed this issue, but we have to give "STATIC2:Y,N" instead of "Y,N" in v1.2.3. When uncheck it will store as 'N' for the column in table.

Why the 'STATIC2:' is needed before the values?

Thanks,

Nandhu

0 comments

AD
Jul 3, 2014 11:25 +00:00

Hi Matt,

It was working fine up to v1.2.2, now only we are seeing this issue in v1.2.3 only, below is the screenshot for the same,

alt text

Please let us know if you need any information...

Thanks

Nandhu

0 comments

Profile Image
Dec 9, 2014 08:37 +00:00

I have installed Version 2.0 and get the same error when following the input for simple checkbox: T,F. Its a field in a read only grid. Using "STATIC2:T,F" and STATIC2:'T','F' no error is comming up, but no checkbox is checked, when the value is 'T'. What is the correct way to get a simple checkbox work in a grid? Is there any other property, I have to set?

thanks in advance Eveline Merches

0 comments

Profile Image
Dec 9, 2014 09:11 +00:00

I do not know how to do this. Following your link opens your main-homepage site.
regards Eveline Merches

0 comments

Profile Image
Dec 9, 2014 09:57 +00:00

Thanks for reply. I am confused. The helptext is wrong? So the simple checkbox is not very simple? So I tried Y/N instead of T/F and it works with STATIC2='Y','N' - nothing else will work whithout any translations --> I will note that for preparing my new project.

Eveline

For the "Simple Checkbox" display type, enter either one value or two comma separated values. The first value will be submitted if the checkbox is checked. The second value - if defined - will be submitted if the checkbox is unchecked.

Example 6: Simple Checkbox, submitting "Yes" when checked, "No" when unchecked

Yes, No

0 comments

MN
Jun 5, 2015 13:34 +00:00

We have added simple check box lov definition support to the grid in v2.0.2 i.e.

Example 6: Simple Checkbox, submitting "Yes" when checked, "No" when unchecked

Yes, No

0 comments

You must log in or sign up to post questions and answers.